08 March 2018

Reminisces: A short take on my career with BAI [By Dawood Rawat]

I joined on the 19th January of 1970 the branch of an international insurance company then present in almost 40 countries. I did not apply for a job, but the expatriate manager meeting me only a month after they had opened, offered me a job as his assistant since he had failed to get a work permit for another foreigner. However, he insisted that I should agree to be trained as an agent and work as such for a few weeks. His point was that to understand the job, it was essential that I practiced first to enable me to learn about that position to become proficient to supervise later agents doing the job. I agreed and was confirmed, as promised, as his assistant. Unfortunately, for his family, he died in a car accident by the end of November of that year...

No comments: